Pickwick is a Wicket-based photo gallery.
- Provides a set of basic pages to render the pictures, organized in folders (called sequences)
- Uses a nice URL displaying the folder name relative to the images directory
- Back-office application to edit the photo gallery
- Thumbnails and scaled images are generated on disk to avoid the complexity of caching systems
- ImageMagick support, for maximum efficiency and to reduce the memory footprint of the JVM
- Java2D support
Now this begs the question: is it a hobby or something used within Joost?