The Wicket team is proud to announce the availability of Wicket 1.1 for download! Wicket is a Java component oriented web application framework that takes simplicity, separation of concerns and ease of use to a whole new level. Wicket web applications consist of HTML markup and Java classes. No strange languages, no strange markup, no configuration files, no specialized, expensive tools: just Java, HTML and you.
This Wicket version contains a lot of improvements from the 1.0 version. New features include:
- Simplified feedback and validation - enables custom feedback strategies
- Live Component Reference - the examples project contains a component reference showing how to use the components.
- Markup Inheritance - enables template pages and components
- Inclusion of external markup
- Simplified Choice component
- Advanced Table components - easily generate pageable/sortable tables backed by database or any other datasource in wicket-extensions (graduated components from wicket-contrib-dataview)
- Less dependencies - we removed several library dependencies
- Customizable Form handling - easy for quick forms, easily enables full custom form processing
- Improved resource handling
- Improved URL handling
The Wicket team wishes to extend their gratitude to the user and developer community for their testing efforts and help, making this release a reality!
The Wicket 1.1 distribution can be downloaded from the SourceForge servers by following this link.
The Wicket 1.1 release documentation can be found at: http://wicket.sourceforge.net/wicket-1.1